If you are big on bucket list items, then celebrating New Year’s Eve on the Las Vegas Strip is quite possibly somewhere on that list. For those bound and determined to check that off this year, then you may appreciate these tidbits on what to expect your first time attending America’s Block Party!
Celebrating New Year’s Eve 2021 on The Strip
People flock to Vegas from all over the globe throughout the year, but New Year’s Eve is as busy as it gets. Tens of thousands of visitors gather on The Strip, partying all night long and into the wee hours of the morning to welcome in the new year. It’s a celebration like no other with tons of people, food, alcohol, music, dancing, and a spectacular fireworks display over The Strip.
Best Vantage Points for Viewing the Fireworks Display
The highlight of celebrating New Year’s Eve on The Strip is the fireworks extravaganza. The show typically lasts 10 minutes and consists of more than 80,000 fireworks explosions, choreographed to an exhilarating music mix. This year, fireworks will be shot from 8 casino rooftops, including:
- MGM Grand Hotel & Casino
- ARIA Resort & Casino
- Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
- Caesars Palace
- Treasure Island
- Venetian Resort & Casino
- Resorts World Las Vegas
- The Strat Hotel Casino & SkyPod
So, where does one need to get the best seats in town? Besides arriving early and securing a spot on one of the rooftops listed above, spectators can get some incredible views from the upper floors of parking garages along The Strip. The pedestrian bridges that traverse the long expanse are also great vantage points.
Know Before You Go:
The key to enjoying the whole experience is being prepared. Before heading out, know that:
- It’s going to be freezing, literally, so bundle up! Expect below freezing temps for New Year’s Eve.
- The Strip closes to traffic around 6:00pm, so arrive an hour or two early, especially if you drive your car over. Most garages on The Strip are expected to be at capacity by 5:00pm.
- The Las Vegas Monorail will be the only public transportation operating if you want to get around The Strip quicker.
- The Strip opens back up to traffic around 3:00am.
Where to Stay?
After an epic night of celebrating New Year’s Eve on The Strip, it’s time for an epic slumber, and there’s no better place to rest up for more Vegas fun than at the premier adults-only RV resort, Las Vegas RV Resort. So roll on into a spacious RV site. Either way, we have loads of amenities along with our accommodations to make your new year’s vacation comfortable and convenient.